Wednesday 7 March 2012

Did The Earth Move For You?

The first major job for the digger was to scrape away all of the topsoil and store it in the corner of the plot to be used later.


The next job was to level the sub soil to create as level an area for the house and garden as possible. To confirm what we had thought, the ground is solid chalk. This is the best possible sub base for the house foundations. 



I wasn't really expecting a 'yes' when I asked if I could have go. Fun though it is I can promise you it's harder than it's made to look!



Tony 'Mr digger man' Goacher..........Barry had run away at this point. I don't blame him! Although, Tony looked amazingly in control until the bucket went on the ground and the cab started lifting!!! Just joking Tony, a pro now.

No comments:

Post a Comment